Christmas is upon us and there is no better time to indulge in fine food. This chocolate, peanut and salted caramel tart is the perfect elegant addition to any Christmas occasion.
And remember it is your last chance to book our services for your Christmas party!
100g salted peanuts
250g digestives biscuits
150g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
200g double cream
5 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
65g caster sugar
300g dark chocolate (at least 70%)
250g unsalted butter
1. Roughly crush the peanuts, crush the digestive biscuits.
2. Melt the butter then combine with the biscuits and peanuts and press into a tart case.
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt the sugar over a medium heat being careful not to burn! Swirl the pan to catch all the sugar, do not stir or touch with anything.
2. When it turns a deep brown colour add the cream and butter – it may splutter.
3. Whisk until combined and smooth.
4. When it has cooled slightly pour a layer of caramel over the biscuit base and leave to cool completely.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together until smooth over a pan of boiling water.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until really thick – about 5 mins in a free standing mixer.
4. Gently mix the two together being careful not to knock out the air in the eggs.
5. Pour the mixture over the caramel and bake in the oven for 10 mins.
6. There should still be a wobble to the tart but leave to cool completely and let it set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
7. Dust with cocoa and maybe some edible gold leaf to make it really special and decadent!!